<$BlogRSDUrl$>

1.22.2004

"My bike!"
--Pee Wee Herman



One nice thing about my car being a potential deathtrap is that I've been riding my bike around the past few days. I love my bike. Eric had it built for my birthday this year and customized it with stickers. I don't feel quite what I felt for my last bike, which I rode everywhere every day for six years, even through a sleet storm. (As soon as I got the car, I shamelessly let the old bike languish in the garage. That was inconsistent with my obnoxious five-year tirade about how stupid, wasteful, and wrong combustion engines were. It's in better hands now.)

The new bike is really cool, though, and actually riding it is better. In two days I have discovered a crazy covered pedestrian bridge between Sparks Avenue and East 31st Street, a few early renegade wildflowers along the access road, and my calf muscles. A friend who lives in my neighborhood even rode with me last night, which was great. I need more ladies to ride with.

I have an appointment tomorrow morning to get the car fixed. So. Will I ride my bike more often now? Do I respond better to the pursuit of pleasure or the avoidance of guilt? Should I have had a cup of coffee at 10 p.m.? What happens to us when we die? Will I ever, for the love of god, shut up?

Yes.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?