<$BlogRSDUrl$>

1.18.2004

All right!
We went to Dobie Theater tonight and scored the makeout booth. It's in the back of the Egyptian room and has big plush recliners. Eric barked his shin really hard on a sharp corner in there, though, and the movie we saw didn't exactly lend itself to smooching. Dammit.

Christina Ricci is so barely okay as an actress I don't know why she bothers. Also I think she has hair plugs now.



My hairline, of course, is lush and perfect. Old women ask to stroke it for luck. Children stare respectfully. One guy was so dazzled by it he drove his cement truck into a ditch. What a mess! I just chuckled modestly and rode away.

2 Kings, 18:27
I ran into an old friend at H-E-B today. She has found Jesus in a big way. I never know what to say to people when they tell me about finding Jesus. I get tunnel vision the second I hear the phrase "Lord Jesus Christ as my personal savior." Usually I just say something ridiculous like "Huh. Oh, wow," and try to smile politely and maintain eye contact.

Today I think my Jesus smile was closer to an uncertain grimace because my friend got defensive and started telling me even more about Jesus. (Did I mention she found Jesus?) Then I felt like a real shit because, after all, I had asked her what was new, and she seemed much happier than when I met her. Then I felt irritated because I think the Jesus spiel is tactless. Then paid for my groceries and forgot all about it until now.

Holiday
I have the day off tomorrow, but I'm not sure whom to thank. Either way, I won't be doing much. I told my sister I'd do Tae-Bo with her, but I'm afraid I lied.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?